Mandatory Fall Advising for Art & Design Majors
Every Fall quarter, the department Chair holds individual meetings with all of the Art & Design majors for an annual advising appointment to plan each student’s future schedule and assist with academic related questions. This process provides students with an Advising Contract that they will refer to each quarter during registration. It is mandatory that every Art & Design major complete their annual Fall advising appointment. Failure to meet with the Chair during the Fall advising period, may result in a hold on your registration. It’s very important that you bring the appropriate documents to your appointment so follow all three steps below to schedule and prepare for your advising appointment.
STEP 1 — Schedule Advising Appointment
- In September 2017, a link will be provided on this page that will allow you to schedule your advising appointment. You'll want to schedule the appointment as soon as possible, since spots fill-up quickly.
STEP 2 — Prepare Documents Required for Appointment
- BEFORE arriving to your advising appointment, it is REQUIRED that you print out and complete a new Advising Contract for the present and future quarters, and that you print out and bring your Degree Progress Report (DPR) to your advising appointment. If you do not have both of these documents in hand with you when you arrive to your appointment, you will have to reschedule. It is recommended that you use your catalog year flowchart and a current Tentative Course Offerings list to complete your Advising Contract.
- To prevent issues when printing your DPR, you may want to avoid using Google Chrome; Safari seems to be the browser that works best for printing DPRs.
- Assistance with accessing and printing your DPR.
STEP 3 — Attend Appointment
- Arrive early to your appointment to avoid rescheduling. The Chair will review your contract with you and answer questions you may have about your schedule. He may also make revisions to the contract before you both sign it. Follow the contract when you register for classes each quarter. If you want to go off your contract, check with the Chair first. The original contract will remain in the department office and a copy of the contract will be sent to your Cal Poly email address a day or two after your completed appointment.